Thursday, November 1, 2012

Grandma's Birthday/ Halloween Aftermath

Today is November 1st; not just the first day of November but also the day after Halloween. I have so many fond memories of the October 31st/ November 1st combo. When we were children my cousins and my grandparents used to come over to our house for trick or treating. But when we got home, we would have cake because November 1st is my Grandma Jane's birthday.


When I sent a text to Grandma today, she made me laugh so hard my sides started to hurt. (Background: she's telling me about her new iPhone)

Coolest Grandma ever!

Today was beautiful sunny day, so puppy dog and I deiced to have breakfast outside: Earl grey tea with lemon, sliced apples, open-faced breakfast sandwich with ham, fried egg and avocado.

Fuzzy ducky slippers optional


I love Halloween. Dressing up as always been an obsession, so costumes are a natural transition. Unfortunately, I had to work Halloween weekend and therefore did not participate in any adult festivities. And let's face it, even though I'm only 5'2", I'm a little big to go trick or treating.

But there's a flip side: November 1st is Halloween sale day. That means half off costumes, wigs, decorations and CANDY!.
Goofing off in the Halloween store

I scored aviator goggles, a viking hat, a bag of skittle/ snickers variety and a bag of caramel apple lollipops for about $20.Wigs are just for fun, because I'm a brunette and I'm gonna stay that way.


Happy Birthday Grandma!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: