Friday, November 16, 2012

En route to Hawaii


Today is the day that starts an all too familiar ritual of sleep deprivation, rushing, anticipation and eventually relief. Today is the day I flew home. Start with 3 hours of forced sleep, rushing to the airport, sleeping my way to DFW, grabbing fast food for sustenance and then enduring the almost nine hour flight to home sweet home.
Grabbing some Jamba Juice at DFW, and yes it’s green. (Apples N’ Greens to be precise)

One of the most stressful but exhilarating parts of flying standby is outfit selection. For me, this process normally takes at least an hour and up to a few days. You want to look professional enough to occupy a possible first class reclining chair, but also comfortable enough to be sitting for  10+ hours in a cramped seat. Not to mention the adaptive capabilities of an outfit, considering I’m going from 25 degree Illinois, to 45 degree Dallas to 80 degree Honolulu.

Frost-covered Illinois

Frosty car

This time, the outfit planning took about 3 days. Not only am I extremely indecisive, but I’ve been steadily losing weight thanks to limiting dining out and an increase in exercise. Therefore, my clothes do not fit as well as when I bought them, especially pants. I must’ve spent a small fortune on clothing when I worked at The Limited, due to my apparent lack of Fall/ Winter clothing when I first moved to Illinois. Now, I have about 5 pairs of pants that give me the appearance of a sagging backside.

I finally settled on my staple standby style of a cardigan and black slacks, with a little twist. Tie blouse into a bow, cropped slacks and loafers in lieu of pumps.


Chiffon Blouse: Banana Republic
Kelly Green Cardigan: The Limited

Cropped Black Slacks: New York and Company
Leather Loafers: Cole Haan

"We know why you fly"

I spent a grueling 8 and a half hour flight after a 2 hour flight. But it's all worth it to spend one whole week in Hawaii for the best holiday. Lots to do, lots of people to see and so little time. Posts will probably postponed until after the trip due to sheer amount of awesomeness that will commence. TTFN!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: