Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Guys

Is it just me, or does everyone want to go out to eat when you get back from vacation? Not only is the fridge completely void of food, but you haven't had to wash a dish in forever and don't plan to start now. So when Boyfriend and I passed the new Five Guys on the way to grab dog food, vacation-mode called and we had to stop by.

I've never had Five Guys before. From my understanding, it was the east coast/ Midwest answer to In and Out; freshly made burgers and fries. Keep is simple, fresh and fast. To my surprise, it was kind of hilarious inside the restaurant. 


First of all, the supplies (potatoes, peanuts, bread) are openly displayed on the floor. The kitchen is completely open and every order comes in a paper bag. Plus they have a bucket of peanuts that customers can take a scoopful and snack on for the five minutes it takes them to prepare your burger. Hilarious and awesome. 

There's something so liberating about eating roasted peanuts and just haphazardly dropping the empty shells where ever you like. Granted, I don't know if that's how this place works, but that's how Boyfriend did it. Therefore, my lemming-like personality proceeded to duplicate this carefree style of snacking. That is, until the waitress asked if I'd like her to clean my mess up for me. Embarrassed, I blushed and replied with a sheepish, "No, I got it." and swept all my shells of shame into a pile on the table.

Free peanuts

Boyfriend had a Cheeseburger with everything on it and an order of traditional fries. I got a Little Cheeseburger with Cajun fries. BTW: the fries they served us were good, but they gave sooo much. I got a regular (the smallest size they had) and it was about the amount of 2 large McDonalds fries. 

"Little" Cheeseburger with "small" Cajun fries

My first bite of Five Guys

I do have to give it to this place, the burgers are delicious. You can really taste how fresh everything is and the beef flavor really comes out in the burger. However, the bread was sub par, nothing compared to the toasted In and Out bun. One thing Five Guys has on In and Out is they have hot dogs. I'll have to stop by again to give those a try.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: