Monday, November 5, 2012

B&W and Red All Over/ Stuffed Apples

I love the simplicity of black and white. It is classic but can be instantly modernized with texture and pattern. The addition of color makes the combination electric. My mother was the perfect example of this. Most of the time when we went out to dinner or a special event she was wearing black with red lipstick. Classic and effortless. I truly believe it was her influence that inspired my love for the classic combo.

Puppydog is black and white too

Notes of red: lipstick and belt. The black and white provide a canvas for the flecks of color. Red lipstick brings out the old Hollywood glam, while the grey tights gives the outfit a twist. Another level of red and grey: nails. Feel a little like Mary Poppins in grey tights, in a good way


Sometimes you just need the warmth of cinnamon. A few weeks ago on my (and my Mom's) favorite show, The Chew, Daphne Oz made a microwave dessert/ snack in a dorm room. I decided to put my own twist to it.


Stuffed Apples

2 apples
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp oats
1 tbsp walnuts, chopped
1 tbsp raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp apple cider
1-2 tbsp water

Core apples, leaving bottom. I used a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds.

In a bowl, mix oats, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon. Place cored apples in a microwave-safe bowl. Break up butter and evenly distribute between the apples. Stuff apples with oat-cinnamon mixture. I placed any remaining cinnamon mixture in the bottom of the bowl with the apple cider and water.


Microwave apples in bowl for 5 minutes. Drizzle juices from apple cider pool over apples.


-Akemi-chan

No comments: