Friday, November 9, 2012

Geocaching/ Black Rock

Another day geocaching is good for the soul, and for the outfit construction. This time Boyfriend and I went caching on the university campus again. This time we encountered unusual things.

Abandoned chicken wings

Figured college kids would order bar food and then waste it. Silly kids.

Also, many critters have been occupying the gate that surrounds our house. Maybe they just want to wish me a warm welcome as I come home from the gym.

Walking leaf and fuzzy catepillar

It's a cold afternoon and one must dress for the weather, more than the occasion. Since central Illinois' weather patterns are basically 100 degree Summers, 2 weeks of 70 degree Autumns and 6 months of -30 winters, gotta layer or be frozen. 

Deep red skinnies from Express, camel turtleneck, gold and black pendant from Banana Republic, black faux leather moto jacket from Express and black ballet flats. 
Puppy dog seems indifferent about outfit

Now time for noms. I cannot express how much I love Black Rock Pizza in Urbana. It's my favorite bar. Through it's empty most of the time, it's clean, nicely decorated, friendly and thy have delicious food. 


Today I order my favorite sandwich at the bar, the Black Rock club. Focaccia bread, chicken breasts, bacon, tomato and lettuce. Side of salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

I've had a slight obsession with balsamic vinaigrette ever since my mother started to make her own salad dressings when I was in High School. I remember I used to bypass the roasted chicken to just eat her garlic mashed potatoes and soak them in the tangy sauce. And if we're being honest, I could drink the stuff straight... and I have.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: