Friday, November 16, 2012

Hawaii Day 1

Today I went to run some errands but a girl's still gotta put her face on. Last night my Mom gave me an early Christmas gift she ordered from QVC. I heard of Mally Roncal before, makeup artist to the stars like Beyonce. I never really got into the makeup game until recently, so never had the guts to try out her product line, Mally Beauty. Thanks to Mom, now I can. She bought me her Evercolor Ultimate Waterproof Eyeliner set and her High Shine Slimline Liquid Lipstick set.

There she is, Mally in the house!

The eyeliner is almost liquid in consistency, but dries quickly and is smudge ready. The lipstick is smooth without being sticky. The best part is the smell/ flavor from the lipstick reminds me of the strawberry flavored syrup that we put on our Shave Ice, or "Hawaiian snow cones". Instant childhood flashback.

Look at all the options... ooooo

Today, we're going simple. I find simple is best when you have to adjust to 80 degree weather. Leaving the layers in Illinois.

Top: H&M
Shorts: New York & Company
Jewelry: Banana Republic
Footwear: optional 
Lipstick: Mally in Sweet Berry
Eyeliner: Mally in Get on The Jet Black


Last night my parents picked me up from the airport and we went straight to the mall. It's kind of our M.O. To all of my mainland friends, if you have never been to Ala Moana Shopping Center on the island of Oahu, you are missing out. It was the largest mall in the nation before the Mall of America in Minnesota and it's ever-changing, ever-growing. It feels like home.

We ate at Shirokiya, the Japanese department store, so I could get my rice fix after starving on the airplane. Delicious varieties of Asian food, like grilled fish, fried dumplings, more types of rice than you can count and don't forget the sushi.




We settled on some hamachi kama (or yellowfin tuna collar) bento box, misoyaki butterfish (or black cod in miso sauce) bento box, and a spicy tuna bowl.


And of course, we had to have dessert. Lemon coconut cake and Chocolate mocha cake from Nordstrom Cafe.

Later we went shopping at one of my favorite boutiques in Honolulu, Eden in Love. This store is full of girly staples with island girl ease. Love their jewelry and scarf selection too. I managed to pick up a long sleeve shift dress with a turquoise and camel print and a beige silk top with colorful stripped details.



I'm planning on wearing the dress at dinner tonight with old college buddies. Can't wait.

No comments: