Monday, November 26, 2012

Hawaii Day 6

The day before Thanksgiving means one thing: preparation. There are so many Thanksgiving parties this year and I'm grateful to be invited to them all. It's been so wonderful to spend time with people that I love so dearly, both family and friends.

The day started with stuffing prep in Kaimuki. I got to tear breads. Multigrain wheat, sourdough, challah and Hawaiian sweet bread to be exact. Bestie and I helped prep the stuffing by tearing bread and shelling pistachios.

Helper/ Minion #1!

TEAR ALL THE BREADS!

Then I headed home to my parents' house for lunch and the dessert prep. When I got home I got a bit of a shock from an enormous papaya, almost bigger than my head.

Holy papaya!

My parents and I headed for lunch at a local Korean BBQ joint that my family frequents called Mililani Bar-B-Q.


One of the greatest parts of eating at a Korean restaurant is all the little goodies they bring out before your dish arrives. I love Korean food. It's too difficult to resist, especially the spice. Speaking of spice...

Tofu stew

My parents shared a meat jun and BBQ chicken plate while I lost myself in a bowl of spicy tofu stew with clams.


The rest of the day my Mom slaved away in the kitchen over those delicious desserts she makes every year for holiday gatherings. Since my family is so extensive, my family and I have lunch with my Dad's side of the family and dinner with my Mom's side. That means twice the food and twice the dessert my Mom has to prepare.

Mixing away

Giant block of cream cheese

Pumpkin cheesecake, Cranberry cheesecake crumble and Apple crumble


I tried to help, but I think I just got in the way. Haha. It's going to be a good Thanksgiving.

PS: just had to get some Jack in the Box for dinner for the sake of High School Memories.

Spicy Chicken sandwich, curly fries and Fanta fruit punch

-Akemi-chan

No comments: