Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Short Legs and Stairs are Incompatible

It's Tuesday night. Expecting an uneventful night of work, just like every other Tuesday, just a little rain. I normally don't try new things. I'm not brave, not a trail-blazer and most definitely not confident enough to think I know how to do something without doing it at least a dozen times before. Incidences like this do not help change that.

Around 8 pm I decided to explore a piece of equipment at work and fell off the stairs onto the concrete face first. The left side of my face is swollen, my pride went down the drain with the remnants of today's drizzle. Thanks to the help of my co-workers, fire fighters and paramedics, I got medical assistance and got cleared in the matter of 45 minutes.

At the very least, my worst fear did not come true: I did not lose any teeth. May have some facial bruising eventually, but it could just increase my street cred. Can't wait to see the faces of the passengers when I check them in on Thursday and they have to deal with my beautiful mug.

Lesson learned: rain + deicing fluid + steep stairs + little legs + inexperience= a bad time.

BTW: the cure for a bruised ego and falling on your face is alcohol.
Lemon Drops

Moscato

- Akemi-Chan

No comments: