Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kalua Pork Stuffed Baked Potato

Boyfriend I went geo-caching on a Saturday afternoon. Bad idea. Since we live in Champaign, IL, home of the Fighting Illini, the streets were swarming with orange and blue college students and Big 10 fans. And when I say swarms, I mean swarms.


These are just the tailgaters, not including the kids at the bars, the game and the streets

Maneuvering around this stampede is so difficult, let alone trying to be sneaky and look for buried treasure. Fortunately there were a few caches out of the way, so we could still enjoy our Saturday adventure. 

Striped cardigan, jeans, brown boots and houndstooth pageboy hat. 

Today I was a little hung over, so cuteness took a back seat, but I think I didn't pretty good. Oh, and what are these lumpy ball things? Boyfriend calls them "monkey apples" but I have no idea. Silly Midwestern greenery. 


After a crisp afternoon of geo-caching, boyfriend I were chilled and needed some stick-to-your-ribs food.  I'm not talking about a leafy vegetable salad. I mean meat. Thanks to a fresh batch of Kalua pork that boyfriend had prepared the night before, we had more than enough pulled pork for lunch. Since I had to head out to work in about half an hour, this was the perfect solution for quick, easy, tasty and hearty.

Kalua Pork Stuffed Baked Potato

2 russet potatoes
2 cups of Kalua pork
1 tbsp garlic minced
3 tbsp favorite BBQ sauce
2 tsp shredded cheese of choice
sour cream (optional)

Wash potatoes with scrubber and water until clean. Pierce potatoes all over with fork, and cook in microwave until potatoes are tender; around 6 minutes per potato.

In a saute pan, heat Kalua pork with garlic over medium heat. Once pork is heated through, add BBQ sauce and coat pork with sauce. 

Cut slit on top of potato and squeeze to open the slit. When pork is heated through and coated in sauce, place into the potato. Sprinkle cheese onto each potato and pork and place in microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Add sour cream, if desired.



-Akemi-chan

No comments: