Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's Been a Loooooooong Week/ Crane Alley

It's been an exhausting week at work. Stress levels are at an all time high. With the unpredictable and erratic Chicago weather, delays, misconnects and long hours, Mama needs a cocktail.

Due to unexpected delays, I consider the number one rule of my job is "NEVER make plans." Also people at work consider it to be a jynx. Since I made plans to get out of work at 1830, fate dealt me the fortune of leaving at 2030. Unfortunately, this cancelled my plans with a beautiful bottle of port from my local wine wine shop on double stamp day.

Plan B: hit up local martini bar/ restaurant down the street. Boyfriend was more than happy to oblige, especially since he looks good in a button-down shirt and I get to put a dress on.

My inspiration for this ensemble was purely built around the shoes, tights as Daisy Fuentes' hair from my favorite daytime show, The Chew.


The perfect mix of up and down

Matte purple eye shadow on the lid, metallic purple eye shadow on the lower lash line, mauve lipstick, jt black mascara and a flush of rose blush for makeup. Purple chandelier earrings, gold t-shirt dress, classic black cardigan, wine-colored belt, ribbed black tights and patent leather pumps. Don't forget Daisy's hair-do!

Belt matches boyfriend, don't mind my face

Crane Alley is a quiet but normally occupied bar with a good beer selection and pool tables. A nice gastro-pub joint, but I go for the martini menu. I decided to splurge on a martini and felt the Caramel Apple Martini call to me. A mixture of caramel flavored vodka, apple schnapps and Goldschlager . Boyfriend took advantage of the $4 beer flight night to sample seasonal beers. For nomz, cheese plate with fruit, mixed greens, olives and warm crusty bread. I ended the night with a coffee drink spiked with Godiva liqueur, creme de minthe and whipped cream.

 
Our joy after a long couple of days


It was wonderful to go out, talk to boyfriend about life, eat, drink and just enjoy each other's company. If this is the light at the end of the tunnel when work goes to hell, I'll take it. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: