Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Consignment Sale

As I was walking down the street, I noticed a little crowd next to my gym. Turns out it was a local consignment sale. I've never experienced one before, so I had to check it out. Though I don't live in a particularly stylish part of the country (this college town is mostly t-shirts, hoodies and jeans) I figured I'd give it a shot.


Most of the merchandise was faded or from the 80's, but I did manage to find two items from The Limited  that were my size. Since I used to work at The Limited, I had an even greater appreciation for the huge markdown. Even better, it was merchandise I was going to purchase when I was still employed at The Limited, but didn't have the cash. Now they're mine, all mine!

Purple short sleeve tunic and green satin strapless dress

I even got to wear my newly acquired blouse to a friend's housewarming party.

Matches my Mike's bottle

I wish I knew about these sales before, there could have been some great finds. Especially in the bigger cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and of course New York. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for next time. Might need to hop on a flight for a day of discounted shopping.


-Akemi-chan

No comments: