Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunday Brunch at Radio Maria

Boyfriend and I have very different work environments. He works in an office, I [mostly] work outside. He sits at a computer and is more intellectual, I'm more manual labor and customer service. He makes his schedule is a little more flexible and mostly Monday to Friday, I start at 4:30pm and end at 10:30pm every Friday through Tuesday. So it's a rare occasion when both of us have time to spend alone and just enjoy time as a couple. 

One of my favorite things to do together is spend the weekend afternoons together outdoors. Whether it's walking through the Farmer's Market, a walk around a park, an outdoor picnic or a sunny Sunday brunch, it's nice to get outside. 

Radio Maria is one of the more popular places in Champaign to have brunch, and for good reason. They have a variety of unique breakfast options and cocktails to match. It also doesn't hurt that they give you big portions. We haven't eaten there besides brunch, but you know what they say. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sitting on our new patio furniture

Dress: H&M
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Two Lips

Sunshiny day

Mango mimosa and coffee

I mach my drink. Cheers!

Boyfriend's lobster omelette with bacon spinach and tomatoes with a side of beer bread and home fries

Look at all that lobster!

My spicy steak eggs benedict with jalapenos, sour cream, onions, peppers and a side of home fries

Love the poached egg

I had to head off to work after we had brunch, but it was nice to sit in the sunlight with the breeze and a cocktail in hand. Don't worry, I only had a few sips, Boyfriend finished the rest. It's always nice to take a break from busy schedules, stressful jobs, TV, video games and social media to just enjoy each others' company. Even though we don't do it very often, I'm glad we still have these moments.

No comments: