Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bow Ties with Asparagus, Peas and Feta

I wanted something fresh for spring. Something green and crisp and light. Spring makes me think of green veggies, lemon and light cheeses. Combine all with pasta, can be served hot or cold. Makes 2-3 servings.


Bow Ties with Asparagus, Peas and Feta

1/8 lb bow tie pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, diced
5-6 spears of asparagus, sliced diagonally
3/4 cup peas, I used frozen
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp dried mint
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
1 oz feta, crumbled

Cook bow ties until al dente. Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add peas and asparagus, saute for 2 minutes, or until peas are thawed. Add butter, mint, oregano, cooked pasta and pasta water. Toss everything together and serve with crumbled feta cheese.

A perfect dish for Spring. I wish I had fresh herbs instead of dried, but my herb garden is still a work in progress. You can sub for fresh herbs and add some lemon juice and zest, but I just used what I had on hand. Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan


No comments: