Friday, June 28, 2013

Kofusion Date Night

Despite what some people may think, even when the snow melts, the weather does not lighten up in Illinois. We've been getting loads of thunderstorms in June and you know what that means... DELAYS! I've been staying late at work almost every day. But with every dark cloud comes a silver lining. If I wasn't delayed three hours, I would've missed this beautiful sunset leaving work.



It was my "short" day, meaning I only had to work one flight instead of five. I've been pulling late hours, getting yelled at by passengers and straining my body trying to move 70 lb bags. I needed a night out. No cooking and no clean up. A real date night with drinks and everything.

Shirt: The Limited
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Nine West
Bag: Kate Spade

Ruby slippers


Kofusion is a local Asian fusion spot that is known for cocktails and creative sushi. Since it was Monday, it was dollar-sushi night, one piece for a buck. A good way to sample the fares.


Sake Sangria

The Dollar Sushi Menu

Sampler

My dinner mate

Hwe Dup Bop: Sashimi with lettuce and rice

Korean Style Pulled Pork Tacos

I sometimes wish we had more nights out, but realistically I'm on the night shift. Odds aren't looking good. But I love cooking and baking so there's no need to go out a lot. Just need a little inspiration and a break every once in a while and then I'm back in the kitchen.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: