Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Orange Creamsicle

It's heating up in Illinois. The sun is shining, the garden is growing and it's the season for outdoor eating. It's Summer!

Some of my favorite memories are from Summers past: Disneyland, beach time, house parties and frozen treats. I've been wanting to make popsicles for a while and I remember making homemade lemonade popsicles in ice cube trays. It's so fun and reminds me of childhood.

To encourage my popsicle wishes, I bought molds online and couldn't wait to get started. Since we had all the ingredients on hand, we made orange creamsicles.

Feelin' orange

Orange Creamsicles

1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/4 cup orange juice
1 orange, zested and juiced
2 tsp vanilla extract

Blend and freeze. Makes 4-8 popsicles.

Fun and a perfect frozen treat for Summer. They weren't too sweet, so you can add sugar or honey to it, but I liked the dreamy tartness from the yogurt instead of using milk or ice cream.  Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: