Sunday, May 12, 2013

What My Mommy Taught Me

On this Mother's Day I like to remember the things my mom taught me.

  • Embrace your competitiveness. Do not be afraid of success and greatness and being the best you can be. 
  • Be passionate. Whether it's screaming at the TV during the game or an extensive collection of Red Sox memorabilia, there's no lack of enthusiasm.
  • Exceed expectations. Make two different kinds of desserts, a salad, chicken and soup for potlucks instead of a store bought pie. 
  • A sweet tooth is nothing to be ashamed of. There's always room for dessert, especially when mom used to make cookies from scratch on a weekly basis.
  • Appreciate the classics. Shirley Temple, Hall and Oates, Rogers and Hammerstein, etc, etc, etc.
  • Never underestimate the power of a home cooked meal. I can owe my obsession with Food Network to her.



I love you Mom. I consider it an honor that I'm becoming more and more like you everyday.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: