Friday, May 10, 2013

Just One of Those Days...

You know when you have one of those days when all the stars align and they just create a completely mundane day with a dash of moodiness and top it all off with inconvenience? Yeah, today is one of those days. And it's not even time for work.

Honestly, I was going to post about how inspired I've been for the past week. But then one thing happens that slowly shifts everything into a domino effect of one sub-par event after event, until it just makes you want to lay in bed all day until the sun comes up the next day. Or you know, sometime in the next century.

I'm irritated, there's no other way to put it. I'm moody, it's overcast, my body hurts from working out and later I have to work outside in the rain with delayed flights and equally irritated passengers.

It's amazing how the weather can change my mood so easily. Earlier this week I was praising the weather gods and enjoying the Spring flowers and crisp air. Now I'm laying on my bed feeling like I want to slip into a coma because there's no sun. This is exactly why I shouldn't live in the Midwest; the weather is too fickle.

I guess I'm just craving a good time. I exhausted myself with going to Hawaii then working 5am- 630pm shifts 4 days in a row and now I'm dealing with stress at work and personal struggles.

I don't feel motivated at all. I was reading the most recent post from Hyperbole and a Half and the part that she describes the dead fish is exactly how I feel right now. I seem to have this warped view of how things actually are and I'm trying to get other people to understand, but no one can. Either I know something that no one else does, or I'm crazy.

Sometimes I feel like I have the personality of a dog; I have a short attention span, I'm only happy if someone is paying attention to me, I only listen if I feel like it, no one speaks my language and I live in my own little world where my main moments of happiness are sleeping on the couch and meal times.

I know this probably sounds insane, but it's time to get away... again. That's the perk of working for an airline, many opportunities to escape. Though funds are low and my spirits lower, it's time to gain some perspective by catching a flight and taking a breather. In a little more than a week I'll be leaving for the Big Apple. Maybe my bad mood will be melted away by the bright lights in the city that never sleeps or my cynicism and irritation will fit right in with the locals.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: