Friday, May 3, 2013

Mango, Banana, Coconut Chia Pudding

I mentioned in a previous post that I bought some seed supplements. I was most worried about the chia seeds. Then I found out that chia seeds absorb liquid and become soft like tapioca. Time for some pudding!

There were some beautiful mangoes at the grocery store. I was still in a Hawaii kind of mood, so I jumped on the opportunity to make a light tropical treat.



Mango, Banana, Coconut Chia Pudding

1 banana
1 mango, peeled and cored
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp chia seeds

1/8 cup almonds, chopped (optional)


Delicious in 5 ingredients

In a blender add banana, mango, coconut and soy milk. Blend until smooth. Add chia seeds and blend to combine. Place in fridge for 1 hour, or until chia seeds soak up liquid. Spoon into a serving bowl or glass, top with extra shredded coconut and almonds.

Enjoying my treat outside

Surprisingly, I didn't taste much of the mango, just a hint. The texture was just like pudding with the crunch from the almonds. Next time I might toast the nuts and the coconut to intensify the flavor and up the crunch factor. This recipe makes about 4-6 servings, depends on how big your serving dish is. Also, this would be a great smoothie idea. Sweet enough for dessert but fresh enough for breakfast.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: