Sunday, May 5, 2013

2013 Urbana's Market at the Square/ Art Mart

Every year in early May, after the snow melts, Urbana starts to look like itself again. The flowers bloom, the people are walking around and the local vendors gather at Lincoln Square Mall for the Market at the Square. It's a collection of local farmers, food trucks, artisan bread makers, crafters and musicians. This farmer's market lends a quiet charm to our neighborhood and Boyfriend and I have been visiting on and off for about 3 years. 



The manliest of men in his Bears jersey

Scoping out the selection at J&K Meats

Goat bratwurst, can't wait to try these babies out

Live entertainment for all

Blouse: Peaches and Cream
Skirt: Forever 21
Sandals: Two Lips
Bag: Coach
Sunglasses: Disney World street vendor

Love the Portlandia reference


One of my favorite stores in Champaign-Urbana is Art Mart. I mentioned it in a previous post when I tried mimic their granola. It seems to always draw me in with it's boutique-esque clothing, the cute housewares and the simple yet gourmet food and drinks. On Saturdays, during the farmer's market, Art Mart hosts a weekly wine tasting to draw in the crowd. This the first time Boyfriend and I have participated... or rather just Boyfriend since I had to work later that evening.

Art Mart's Saturday wine tasting

Checkin' out that nose. The wine's good too

Got a bottle to go

Parched? Ice latte and Cherry Strawberry Italian soda

My newest gift from Art Mart courtesy of Boyfriend

Hootie Hoo necklace

Garlic noodles from Railside Farms

There's so many charming things about our town that we should further explore. I'm especially excited about the upcoming festivals in the Summer.

Speaking of upcoming events, my brother is graduating from college this month (Congrats Bro!) and the family is celebrating with a trip to the East coast. Hopefully the flights are in my favor and I can fly out to meet them. Besides, it's his birthday too. A round of Manhattans for the birthday boy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: