Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pop of Color/ Kaldi's Cafe

One good thing about leaving Hawaii and coming back to Illinois during Winter is humidity, or the lack thereof. My hair went from a Diana Ross poof to Jennifer Aniston sleek. A perfect reason for a day date. 

Boyfriend sometimes spends time at Kaldi's Coffee in the grocery store. The close proximity, bottomless cup of coffee and free wifi seduced him into study time loyalty. He invited me to a morning of coffee, conversation and public internet access. He got his normal bottomless cup of coffee and a long john while I got a Mayan Mocha (a mixture of espresso, hot chocolate and cinnamon) and an everything bagel. 

Mayan Mocha (with holiday sleeve) and Everything Bagel

Funny enough, we ran into a friend on a break from work when we were at the cafe. Always fun to catch up with friends over a cup of Joe. Boyfriend and I spent the next few hours talking Fantasy Football, working and blogging.

Blog time

I recently made a few online purchases, considering it an early Christmas gift to myself. My newest score was a pair of mustard, suede, platform pumps from Aldo (the real excuse for our day date). Once I opened the box, I had to wear them, with tights of course. It's cold, but sunny, so attempts to be cute are still acceptable...kinda. I stood out like a sore thumb in that coffee shop full of light washed jeans and sneakers, but at least I got some miles on my new pumps.

Nothing like yellow shoes to brighten up your day

I didn't even know how consolidated my outfit was until I was writing this post. Everything I wore was from Forever 21 or Aldo, huh. Guess that shows how cheap I can be. But cheap can still be fun. Besides, I was never really a haute couture kinda gal. I'm more of an I'm-gonna-spill-soup-on-me-anyway, kinda gal.

Hat: Forever 21
Dress: Forever 21
Coat: Forever 21
Tights: Grocery store
Shoes: Aldo
Purse: Aldo

<3

Thanks for the day date. Maybe next time I won't have to run off to work.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: