Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our Early Christmas

After some last minute Christmas shopping, Boyfriend, his sister and I celebrated our early Christmas. Since we're all so busy and I'm leaving for Vegas on Monday morning, we decided to have our gift exchange a few days early. Another excuse to dress up. BTW: It's Winter, there's snow on the ground and it's sunny. Gorgeous.

First snow in a few years

Sweater and Jeans: Forever 21
Hat: Coach
Boots: Naturalizer
Earrings: Gap


Gross ice drool

Oh hai!


Another one of my family Christmas traditions was for my Grandparents to come over on Christmas Eve to eat dinner and open presents. We always opened our household gifts on the night of the Eve, due to all the family holiday parties on actual Christmas day. Therefore, it never feels like Christmas to me, unless we open presents at night.

Before our gift exchange, Boyfriend and I stopped by a local cheese shop called Cheese and Crackers. We heard about it a while ago, but since it's on the other side of town, we never thought about visiting, until now. In addition to cheeses, pastas, and meats they have a beautiful truffle collection.

I normally don't eat very many sweets, I think it was because I was a chocoholic as a kid and my taste for sugar died out, but recently, I've been eating dessert like my life depended on it. 'Tis the season I guess. Anyway, the truffles were so beautiful, I was in a trance and we decided to get them.

Clockwise from the top-left corner: Habanero, Cheesecake, Espresso, Baileys, Strawberry Balsamic and Michigan Blueberry chocolates.

Onto the goodies! Just like Thanksgiving, sometimes it's better with limited words.

All the Christmas movies!

Hand strap for my DSLR

Amy and Puppy

Magic titanium spork

Wifi SD card, whaaaaattt?

Don't nom the present

What the heck is a porto sipper?

MYSTERY DRANK!

Horray!

My new tripod is taller than me

Setting up for family picture

Boyfriend's new ten year port and port sippers

Sippers, straw included

Kitty Cat

Chillin' watching Scrooged

My new Newfie keychain

Using my new remote for my camera, Puppy is not impressed

Outside with snow

Snow on our rainbow shrub

Lights with random viking

Caught the escaped Kitten

GO BEARS!

Next stop: Vegas

Can't wait for actual Christmas in Vegas in a few days. Now it's time to buckle down and work hard. Closing shift on Saturday, open to close on Sunday and then fly out on stand-by Monday morning. Wish me luck!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: