Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Date Night Part 1: Broiled Salmon with Lemon and Onions

When I stopped by the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for my Christmas Sugar Cookies, I knew we were low on resources. I wanted to make dinner for Boyfriend, but I wanted something special with a little nostalgia.

In college, I was just starting to feel comfortable in the kitchen and when I decided to make dinner for my first Valentine's day with Boyfriend. I found a recipe from Food Network and went to town. I was so nervous, but it turned out just fine. Boyfriend's exposure to fresh fish was very limited and it won him over.

This time, I found a "slab" of salmon at the store and thought it would be great to recreate that memory. I served the salmon with a spinach salad and a holiday inspired cocktail, which will be in a later blog post.




Broiled Salmon with Lemon and Onions

2 lb slab of salmon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zested and sliced into wheels
3 leaves of basil, chiffonade
1/4 small onion, slice very thin
salt and pepper

Spray non-stick spray onto a large baking sheet. Place salmon on baking sheet and top with olive oil, salt, pepper. Sprinkle the basil and onions onto the salmon and top with the lemon wheels. Broil salmon on high until fish is flaky but not dry. I baked it for about 6-18 minutes. It depend on how thick your fish is. Enjoy!


-Akemi-chan

No comments: