Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Quinoa with Sauteed Veggies/ Amateur Wine Makers of Central Illinois

I've been on a quinoa binge lately, so much so that I'm nervous about this post. I don't want to admit how much I've been using this stuff because I'm scared you might judge me. I'm not even going to write down a recipe because I've made about 5-6 different versions of "quinoa with veggies" in the span of two weeks. It would seem unfair if I only posted one of two. plus, I don't remember what I put into the dishes. Due to my recent obsession, I thought it would be only fitting to bring quinoa to a outdoor potluck.

My first quinoa dish: Green beans, purple kale, tomatoes and green onion

The potluck quinoa: Tomato, orange bell pepper, corn, green onion, green onion


Boyfriend is the newest member of an amateur wine making club in the area. When we were invited to join in a BYOB potluck, he packed the wine and I packed the quinoa. Everyone gathered in the backyard with a buffet of homemade wine and salads and we spent the night talking about different techniques and grapes.


Quinoa and wine <3

Giant sunflower in the backyard

Homemade empanadas and wine

Dinner my tiki-light

Soon the wine-making club will go in on a pool of grapes and the wine crushing will commence in the Fall. It's so interesting hearing about importing grapes from different regions, raising bees for mead and blending wood chips and yeasts for different flavors and alcohol contents. But nothing as good as sitting outside, eating kabobs, empanadas, salads and sampling about 10 different wines. Soon, there will be more gatherings and more good wine. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: