Thursday, July 18, 2013

PINspiration: Kale Chips

Hello, my name is Carly and I'm a Pinterest addict. When email and Facebook are not interesting enough and I'm not looking to spend the next three hours on Reddit, I turn to Pinterest.  Besides the obvious trends (engagement photos, baby pictures, riding boots and top knots), pinners have embraced the new culinary trend and benefits of kale. 

I, like previously mentioned pinners, have a fascination for kale. It has so many different flavors and textures, all determined by how you prepare it. I've eaten it raw, sauteed, and steamed, but I've heard some wonderful things about kale chips. Here we go!

Kale Chips


1 bunch of kale, we used a flatter version about 4 stems
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Check the kale every few minutes, the kale is prone to burning. Enjoy!


Mmmm, tastes like Korean nori :-). Since Boyfriend and I are growing kale in the garden, we may have to make kale chips in lieu of popcorn for our other addiction, Netflix.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: