Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cantaloupe and Mint Smoothie

I'm at the tail end of my rare three day long "weekend" (Tues-Thurs). I'm a little bummed because I was planning to spend this time in San Francisco with my bestie, but due to the recent Asiana 777 crash, SFO is operating with limited runways and subsequently, cancelled flights. Cancellations mean overbooked flights and that means stand by is out of the question.

Since I was planning on flying to the Bay Area, Boyfriend scheduled to work in Chicago while I was out of town. So it's been me, Puppydog and Netflix for the past few days. I literally went through the entire Firefly series and three different movies. When Boyfriend is gone, I have certain tendencies, including a decrease in cooking and an increase in junk food and dessert intake.

Now to balance the sour cream and onion potato chips and ice cream, I wanted something fresh and light. Since I still didn't want to cook, I refer to my trusty blender.


Cantaloupe and Mint Smoothie



1 1/2 cups of fresh cantaloupe
1 cup crushed ice
3 tbsp mint simple syrup
4 leaves of mint, torn
1/4 cup plain yogurt

Blend in a blender until smooth. Enjoy cold.

Imagine a cantaloupe with cottage cheese and mint... just in a smoothie. Light, refreshing and forgiving. Unlike those potato chips, I can feel good about this meal. Now I just need to let those brownies cool.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: