Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Nutella Swirl

I love being in the kitchen. Sometimes I sit in the living room and I get up and walk into the kitchen just to be in there. Especially if it's late night and I haven't cooked anything in hours, I have to get in there to whip something up.

The other night I had a hard day at work and decided to treat myself with a drink. Luckily I had one last Angry Orchard Ginger Hard Cider (my new favorite). This turned into sitting on the couch watching Netflix and then turned into, "We need to make cookies!" This is what came out of that adventure.




Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Nutella Swirl

1/2 cup peanut butter, I used smooth
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and regular sugar. Add egg and beat until smooth and fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient and mix until incorporated. You may want to do this at a low speed and in increments to avoid flour shooting up out of bowl.

When all mixed, add the chocolate chips. Mix for a few seconds or until chips and evenly distributed. To make "swirl" take the nutella and dollop over the cookie dough. Gently fold with tablespoon once or twice until nutella is swirled into dough.

Taste the swirl


Dollop onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. After baking, let cool for 10 minutes to let cookies set and enjoy!

Have a cookie Peyton Manning, you look hungry

If these cookies last long enough, I'd want to make ice cream sandwiches. If  they last.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: