Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gardening Update/ Spicy Mini "Caprese"

Our little garden is growing beautifully. I wasn't sure how successful we'd be, due to the constantly changing weather. Not to mention that I had never grown anything from seed before. Yes, I pretended to garden with my family, where my Dad actually took care of the plants instead of us kids, but this time it's different. Things are actually growing!

Leafy greens (kale, endive and lettuce), basil, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and dill

Our first precious pick


Boyfriend's inspiration blossomed with the new produce. Once I showed him the tomatoes, he was so excited. Here's what he made.

Caramelize that cherry tomato

Green onion, pepperjack cheese and cherry tomato

A perfectly refreshing bite. It was like a caprese with a kick. Good job Boyfriend. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: