Thursday, June 19, 2014

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Waffles

I've been a little obsessed with sweets lately. Milkshakes, cookies, cupcakes, doughnuts, it's beginning to be a problem. Fortunately, I can still have some sweet stuff in the morning, but in reasonable doses. 

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Waffles


Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes

2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups almond milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Cooking spray
Sliced bananas (optional)
Maple syrup (optional)



In a large bowl mix peanut butter, sugar, eggs, almond milk, vegetable oil and salt. Whisk in flour and baking soda. Scoop batter into waffle iron and cook until desired texture. I like my crunchy, so I left it on for a little longer. Top with bananas and maple syrup. Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: