Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Crunchy Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Sometimes you just have to go with the classics. I worked by butt off at the gym today and as counter productive as it seems, I felt I deserved a cookie. The downside of making homemade cookies is having the discipline to not eat them all. That's what coworkers are for, right?

I improvised a little since I didn't have any brown sugar. Luckily, our friend's family makes cane syrup so I made it work. 



Oatmeal Cookies

1 3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup raisins 
1 1/4 stick butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cane syrup or molasses 
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cane syrup, yum

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and raisins). In a medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients (butter, sugar, cane syrup, egg and vanilla). Pour wet ingredients into dry until well incorporated.

On a greased baking sheet, scoop a heaping tablespoon of mixture onto baking sheet. Place each cookie 2 inches apart, they will spread. Bake at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and cool.


This counts as one cookie in my book

My favorite kind of cookie. Not too sweet, not too small. Crunchy and chewy at the same time. Don't need ice cream, just a tall glass of milk. Enjoy!

Akemi-chan




No comments: