Monday, June 16, 2014

Watermelon Juice

Watermelon is one of the few foods I associate with Summer. It's easy to see why, but I instantly go back to sitting in my Grandma's backyard or sitting at the beach in a bikini. Chomping away at some juicy watermelon. I wasn't much of a seed-spitter, the seeds just slowed me down. Now, there's the beauty of seedless watermelon, and I will take full advantage of that.


Watermelon Juice

3 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
1 tbsp honey or simple syrup
1 tbsp mint, and more for garnish (optional)
1 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. You can add more or less simple syrup or honey depending on the sweetness of the melon. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!


This has been my go-to snack/dessert/ breakfast smoothie for the past couple of days. It's incredibly refreshing, just sweet enough and so easy. I just cut the watermelon ahead of time and store in it the fridge. Them it's ready to go when I am. Don't even get me started on adding some booze. It's going to be a great Summer. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: