Sunday, March 10, 2013

Green Smoothie: Spinach, Apple, Banana, Ginger, Carrot

Green smoothie take two. I followed a recipe I found online that involves ginger. Ginger is supposed to have anti-inflammatory and immune system boosting powers and since I've been feeling sluggish and under the weather, I figured it couldn't hurt.




Green Smoothie: Spinach, Apple, Banana, Ginger, Carrot

1 banana, sliced
1 apple, diced
1 carrot, grated
1 celery stalk, grated
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk, I used almond milk

Blend all ingredients together until smooth.

Pretty colors

This smoothie definitely has a kick thanks to the ginger. It was almost too much ginger for me. The spinach was a great addition and gave it a fresh feeling. Now I have to figure out what green smoothie combination I'll try out next.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: