Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cafe, Cupcake and Bubbles

The weekend of St. Patrick's Day, Boyfriend and I decided to have a little couple's time. Of course, I had to work at night, so dinner plans were out of the question. But honestly, I'm becoming more and more fond of our day dates. 

We started off in Downtown Champaign at Aroma Cafe, a cute little coffee shop with sandwiches and pastries. It was our first time at this cafe, so we got our own meals, since we usually split things. I order some peach green tea and a Cuban sandwich with the house salad. Boyfriend got a cafe con leche with a braised shortrib sandwich with house salad. 

Coffee for him. Tea for her. 

The mugs were huge at this place. It reminded me of Central Perk from Friends. It was a beautifully set cafe with great little nooks for intimate lunches or reading. 

Coffee with Friends

Giant Central Perk sized cups

After the coffee shop we walked around the area and stopped in a local cake shop called Cream and Flutter. This cute little shop specializes in cupcake. They always have cute little seasonal flavors and a standard selection of vanilla, chocolate and red velvet. We splurged on a raspberry white chocolate mocha cupcake, to share. 

Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha Cupcake


Ducklips

Later that day, I went to work and was surprised to find a newly painted American Eagle plane. Since American is revamping their image, they have a new logo, new uniforms and new paint jobs. 

Just another day at the office


The next day, I bought some bubbles to play with the Puppydog. Since my dog is basically a large kitten, any stimulation provides hours of entertainment. Usually we use the laser pointer, but it's more seasonal and fun to play with bubbles. 

















"Here, have a stick!"

Tonight, after work, Boyfriend and I will be heading north with the Schlosbergs to spend my birthday in Chi-town. I've been to Chicago before, a few times actually. But the second city is so huge that there's always something new to do. I just hope the weather gods favor us.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: