Sunday, March 17, 2013

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie

When I was working at a bank, my coworker used to obsess over Steak N Shake's seasonal chocolate covered strawberry milkshake. Strawberries and chocolate are always a welcome combination, but lately strawberries have been a little too sweet for my taste. An addition of almond milk and yogurt should help round out the flavors. Just wish I had some chocolate syrup on hand.


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie

2 cups frozen strawberries
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup almond milk
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 individual packet of strawberries and cream instant oatmeal

Pour all ingredients into blender and mix until smooth.



YUM! Again, I wish I had some chocolate syrup on hand to enhance the chocolate flavor, but maybe it's for the best. I've been getting back into the habit of going to the gym, so I don't need any more empty calories. Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: