Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Resolution

On New Years Eve, we went into the country to celebrate New Years Eve with friends, some drinks, a bonfire and a sleepover.


Dark group picture by the bonfire

In the morning of January 1st, one of our friends asked about each of our new years resolutions. I said to get getting a "real" job would be nice.

Later today, I thought about it and I'm truly grateful for everything that my job has given me. I never thought I would fall into such a wonderful industry and be blessed enough to travel the world. Although I only have a part time position, it's those limited hours that gives me the freedom to travel often and still be flexible.


My New Years, or new life, resolution is to be appreciative of my friends and family and loved ones and to take advantage of what life has to offer. One of the main components of this lifestyle is the continue traveling and experiencing new things with open eyes.


I feel like it is my mission to travel where I can and experience the food, architecture, landscape and culture of other places. Maybe it's a little naive to try to live life like a host of a Travel channel show, but one can dream.

Happy new year!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: