Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daydreaming of February

Um... Where'd all the snow go? It's been a crazy month of weather changes. High winds, heavy fog, snow, ice storms, thunder storms, freezing rain, low as 6 degrees, high as 58. January has been a month of excitement both at home and abroad.

Sunday's fog

Tokyo has left a lingering sense of revitalization and the jet lag has bestowed an equally consuming exhaustion. Same can be said for my haircut. Tokyo inspired such a change and my inexperience with bangs with provided inspiration, creativity, happiness and confusion. I promised myself to lead a more responsible life of a regular sleep, gym and work schedule to balance out the excessive eating, napping and traveling. That was short-lived.

Playing with Puppydog... and tripod

February's schedule is beginning to fill up rapidly. In order to spend a Saturday celebrating Mardi Gras in St. Louis, I agreed to back-to-back open-to-close shifts this weekend. Also, a friend is having a birthday in St. Louis and I've never been to St. Louis for Mardi Gras, which is supposed to be a massive event in itself.

Give me my stick

In addition to these extremes, Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I plan to prepare quite the meal for Boyfriend. Originally I was thinking surf and turf, but it seemed too retro steakhouse and I wanted something a little more fancy and festive. You'll have to wait and see what the menu's like. 

Sweater: SpRay from Tokyo
Scarf: Old Navy
Jeans: Express
Boots: Naturalizer

If that wasn't enough, the next weekend I'm attempting to fly to San Francisco to visit my best friend. I don't get to see her often and I love San Francisco so I couldn't resist trying. Hopefully we'll be able to have a fun girl's weekend together. I hope I can manage all the excitements in such a short amount of time. Either way, February will be interesting. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: