Saturday, January 4, 2014

End of the Year Family Time in Vegas

I feel like I never get to see my family anymore and in some respects that statement is not untrue. I've only been home once during 2013 and although I spent a whole week there, it didn't seem like enough. On the other hand I've seen my family on more than one occasion on the mainland like New York and Boston in May, Chicago in July, and Las Vegas in September. Well, they're at it again. My family spent Christmas in Vegas once again, and I got to meet them for the tail end of their trip. 

Merge

Almost too hungry to take picture. My travel routine has commenced when I get my Argo Tea 

Heading West

Goofing off while shopping

Amazing restaurant. Our dinner reservations at 11:30pm

Cheezu!

Homemade tofu

Arare crusted asparagus

Hamachi carpaccio and tofu with tomatoes

Sashimi plate

Panko eggplant

Bacon wrapped enoki mushrooms

Giant oyster

Hamchi collar

Grilled langoustine

Grilled squid

Grilled steak with wasabi

Ground chicken on a stick

Pork cheek and lamb chops

Big winner

Victory ice cream

Homeward bound

Only person in first class


First class dinner

Dessert


A view from the top

Christmas in Chicago

Even though I only spent a little more than a day in Vegas, it was well worth it. It's always nice to spend some time with family during the holidays, even if it's for a few hours. Plus it gave me a good excuse to leave the cold.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: