Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Turkey Robinson

One of my favorite things to do is sit in front of the TV with a meal and watch cooking television. Whether it's the Travel Channel, Food Network or The Chew, it's one of my most relaxing points of the day. I honestly feel like most of my food knowledge is from this practice. If it weren't for these TV shows, I would never have known the correct way to hold a knife, or what a black currant tastes like or that Texas BBQ is beef, while the South deals with pork and Kansas city style BBQ makes beef, pork and chicken.

Either way, it provides a great opportunity for everyday inspiration for every day meals, party planning and foodie-recommended vacation destinations.

I found this recipe for Turkey Robinson from Food Network's 5 Ingredient Fix. A fantastic cooking concept that one only needs 5 ingredients to make a dish. This dish was named after the host's mother or grandmother or someone in her family, but it's become a favorite in our house as well.


Turkey Robinson

2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes and juices
1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp red pepper flake
salt and pepper to taste


Pour olive oil into a large pan over medium high heat. Put turkey meat into pan with seasonings and brown. After meat has caramelized, add onion, garlic and spinach. Saute until onion turns translucent and spinach is wilted. Add beans and tomatoes and cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Serve over fresh spinach, rice and/ or pasta.

Quick, easy and delicious, not to mention healthy and filling. This is my go to "I have 30 minutes til I have leave for work and I didn't make dinner" meal. And I always look forward to it.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: