Saturday, August 1, 2015

V Picasso

Champaign-Urbana is going through a little bit of a culinary makeover, and I for one am not complaining. Many local restaurants used to boast affordable prices, greasy diner food and homemade cooking. Now, we have gastro-pubs, Asian fusion, tapas and craft beer. A little hipster nation. I joke, but if loving hipster food is wrong, I don't wanna be right. 

One of our new favorite restaurants is V Picasso. Tapas, wine and cocktails. We went three times in one month. Yes, the girl who normally loves off of homemade dinners and fast food, went outdo a fancy restaurant three times in a row. Kaboom! Now you may drool over our meals. 

Drool worthy cocktails here

Charcuterie 

Rabbit and morel pasta with asparagus

Chocolate mousse, shortbread crumbs, raspberries and wasabi whipped cream

Cocktail time



Saffron ice cream

Brunch: Eggs Benedict, Carrot cake pancakes, bacon and Bloody Marys.

Me and my porcelain doll


My favorite part is that the menu changes with the seasons. That means I can come back and the menu will have brand new, seasonal, fresh, innovative options. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: