Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mango Banana Smoothie

The best part of Soring is letting go of Winter. I'm shedding my sweaters and boots and slow cooked one pot wonders for t-shirts, sandals and salads. It's difficult to make that change, but it's for the better. Keep your eyes on the horizon and make way for the new.

One of my favorite parts of warmer weather is the produce. The sunshine is nice, but the fruit is better. I'm trying to get back into the smoothie routine and I know the perfect way to do it.


Mango Smoothie

1 mango, cubed 
1 banan
1 cup crushed ice
1 1/2 cups of almond milk




Place all ingredients in a blender and mix it up. Blend until smooth. Sometimes I'll add some psyllium husk in order to get a little more fiber. Either way, nothing makes me feel better during the warmer months than an ice cold smoothie first thing in the morning.



Cheers and enjoy smoothie season!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: