Thursday, May 22, 2014

Girls Weekend in San Francisco & Sonoma

I've been putting off writing about this weekend. It could be because I don't have a lot of photo representation or because it was because I don't remember much. Could've been all the wine or just living in the moment, but I'll try to recall the events to paint a word picture that is equivalent to the joyful weekend that is truly was.


Waiting to board at HNL

After a relaxing week in Hawaii, I flew from Honolulu to San Francisco for a girl's weekend/ early bachelorette party. My best friend was hosting in the Bay Area and she had a weekend of fun planned for us. But first, I had to get there.

I landed in SFO and had a quick bite of breakfast before taking the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) into the city.

Greek omelette

Once I got into the city, we decided to drive round a little, go over the plans for the weekend and eventually what we were going to do for the rest of Friday afternoon. Of course, delicious food was involved.

Gussie's for lunch

Our chicken and waffles, side order sampler and spicy shrimp chowder

Nom time

After all of the flying and walking, my feet were ridiculously swollen. My bestie had the great idea of going to get foot massages. We were surprised to find out that the place we went to offered more than foot massages, but it all worked out. No happy ending or anything, just a surprisingly funny and slightly uncomfortable back massages.

Ready for my foot soak

Nice and relaxed


The next morning, we got an early start with some Starbucks coffee and Bestie's beautiful homemade brunch spread.


Mini locks and bagels, mini quiche and chocolate pastries


Next, the limo picked us up and whisked us away to Sonoma aka wine country. We felt like celebrities hopping between wineries in a limo. A fancy weekend indeed.

Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge

Viansa winery

Me and my Maid of Honor

Gorgeous views

Why thank you dear sir

Olive oil tastings

Limo riders

Between wineries, we needed to get some food in our bellies. After all, one cannot live on wine alone, though we sometimes try. Bestie packed an awesome picnic for us along with a gorgeous lemon cake. My favorite!

Lunchtime

Sunbathing with my cake

Me and my girls

Cheers to limo champagne

After the wineries we went back to Downtown San Francisco, to the Sir Francis Drake hotel. It was gorgeous and fancy and they even gave us a little treat for the party.

Ring pops, nail polish and chocolate converted strawberries, courtesy of the hotel


Slumber party

Nom

So fancy the doorman is a beefeater

Getting ready for dinner

Dinner at Grand Pu Bah


We had a mind-blowing meal at Grand Pu Bah. Thai food is delicious, but this was stuff your mouth until you physically cannot eat anything else kinda good. After dinner, we did a little sipping and dancing at the nightclub on top of the hotel, then it was off to bed with us, because there was brunch to be had. 


Dancin' shoes

Amazing view at Mission Rock Resort, this was from our table


Two virgin and one not-so-virgin Bloody Marys while soaking up the sun

Oysters for days

Crab Benedict to die for

And that's a wrap. After brunch, we went back to Bestie's so I could pack and head back to the Midwest. I was lucky enough to get the last seat on the red eye to Chicago. Unfortunately, I had to spend the night in the airport because the next flight to Champaign wasn't leaving for another 10 hours. But it was all worth it.

New plane, personal TVs

My crash spot

My standard airport breakfast at Argo

I wanna send a shout out to my best friend and Maid of Honor for putting planning a fantastic bachelorette party and girls weekend. We couldn't have had some a wonderful time without her efforts. Love you and thanks to all of my friends for making the trek/drive/flight to the Bay Area. See you at the wedding!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: