Saturday, August 17, 2013

WednesDATE in Our Town

Boyfriend has been summoned to Fermi lab in Chicago for the experiment. So, like a true girlfriend, I cornered him into taking the day off on Wednesday (my only day off this week) for a whole day of Champaign Urbana exploring. We haven't had a whole day off together, with the exception of vacations, so it was nice to have a little staycation and get to know CU better.

Necklace from Boyfriend


Mattis Park


Cami: Wet Seal
Jacket: Forever 21
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Chinese Laundry


Zombies are coming

Dragonfly sightings while geocaching

We took a break and had lunch at Sunsinger Wines and Spirits, a usual departure from our normal wine sport, The Corckscrew.


Merlot and Chardonnay with frozen lemonade? What?!

Boyfriend's smoked salmon sandwich and clam chowder

My grilled cheese with bacon and tomato with caprese salad

NOM NOM

My first espresso

Our next stop was downtown Champaign. We went to a local vintage game shop but ran into a new addition to the downtown scene. Who's idea was this to put this chalkboard wall up? Because it's amazing! I think they clean it every so often so more people can write their dreams. Amazing!



I never said he wasn't original

OOOOOHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!

... that too

Our loot from the vintage game shop

Boyfriend was in Chicago for the next few days while I had to work. It was lonely but I got through it by making biscuits... which will be posted later. It was nice spending the whole day together. Sometimes I forget that's what other people do normally. Oh well, it's nice to shake things up, even if it's only every once in a while. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: