Monday, August 19, 2013

Rosemary Drop Biscuits

Since Boyfriend is away at the lab, I've gone into my usual routine of baking. This time I didn't want dessert. It's quite dangerous to be alone at home with a pile of cookies, so I had to think of another way of occupying my hands.

My best friend, who is the person who helped me get over my fear of cooking, is a great cook. It's one of the things we grew to love together. She is the inspiration for this dish thanks to our weekly emails and her dishing on her thyme biscuits. Drool. I don't have a rolling pin or a biscuit cutter, so drop biscuits are baking away at midnight in my kitchen.


Rosemary Drop Biscuits

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup milk

Preheat at 450 degrees. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt and rosemary. Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Avoid over mixing. Use a tablespoon to drop 12 balls of dough onto two greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden on the edges.


Cuddle up with some warm biscuits and jelly with a cup of tea and my newest obsession, BBC's Sherlock.



No better way to get in the London mindset as far as I'm concerned. Don't even get me started on the sandwich possibilities.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: