Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's Hard to Stay Neutral

It's Superbowl Sunday and I have a split shift to work. Boo hoo. In addition to working a 5am to 9:30am shift I have a 4:30pm to 11:00pm shift. During the in between stage, Boyfriend and I decided to enjoy the sunshine and snow.





Metal and ice


Terrifying

First, we started off with a trip to Art Mart, a boutique featuring housewares, clothing, and food. We got a delicious veggie bagel sandwich, cherry croissant and a grapefruit Italian soda.


My new favorite drink!

Spending a sunny day in the park is always relaxing. I think one of the reasons I love traveling is because I love walking around and looking at stuff. It doesn't matter if it's a museum, architecture, forests or a park. Taking pictures just captures the moment so I can remember those moments.


<3

Tree bark patterns






Scarf: Old Navy
Sweater: BCBG MaxAzria
Jeans: Express
Coat: Forever 21
Shoes: G by Guess
Bag: Aldo




His and Hers

To be honest, this photo session was partially inspired by the fact that it was Superbowl Sunday and I had to sport something red. Yes, football season is over and I failing in reaching any kind of fantasy glory.

However, I grew up in Hawaii, a state that has a San Francisco 49ers obsession. It may seem odd to some people that a state that is so far away from any professional sports team would have such a strong sense of loyalty to the 49ers. I don't know if it's because of the casual, hangout, eating culture or if it's due to the Joe Montana era, but Hawaii loves San Francisco.

So my red gloves are a shoutout to all my loved ones in Hawaii, my friends in the Bay Area and my fantasy QB Colin Kaepernick, or as I like to call him Cappy!




Snowball


LeBron!


Weeee!


Really bad dandruff




Our Winter Wonderland

As severe and hectic as Illinois' weather can be, I appreciate those days of sunshine that showcase the Midwest's beauty.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: