Sunday, April 3, 2016

Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby

I was watching an episode of Bob's Burgers, one of my favorite binge shows, when I came to the Dutch Baby episode. Everyone goes to diner that advertises their Dutch Baby, and despite it's long prep time and Bob's impatience, Linda orders the pancake.

oooOOOOooo a Dutch Baby!!! lol


I've never made or had a Dutch Baby, but the idea of a puffy silky pancake could convert this waffle-lover. Think of a custardy cake that is also crunchy and fluffy. How is this possible?! I can to find out.



Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
4 tbsp butter
2 granny Smith apples, sliced thinly
3 tbsp sugar, divided
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While the oven heats, dived butter in 4 pads and put into 12" skillet. Place skillet in oven for a minute to melt butter. Once butter is melted, remove from oven, don't forget your oven mits. Take apple slices and arrange in the skillet.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and 1 tbsp sugar). Then add wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla and milk). Whisk to combine. Once combined, pour over apples in skillet. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Place back in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.



We cut ours with a pie server and drizzled everything from maple syrup, to molasses, honey and chocolate syrup. All delicious.


I need to make this every weekend, and I mean EVERY weekend. So easy and delicious I cannot live without it. There will be many Dutch Babies in my future. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to find a Dutch Baby fan club.


-Akemi-chan

No comments: