Tuesday, March 1, 2016

January/ February Randoms

I'm over Winter. When will the warmth come? I'm trying to keep spirits up, and honestly we've had a couple of days of sunny and 60 degrees, which I am grateful for. But I can't wait for continuous sunshine.

We're currently training for the Illinois Marathon 5k. I know to some people a 5k seems like a piece of cake, but this will be my first official run. I'm proud of the progress we've been making and training and conditioning has given me something to look forward to every week. Plus it helps me keep track of my food consumption, which we all know about my monster appetite. 

Here are some random pictures from the first two months of the year. Enjoy!

Pulled pork toast with fried egg and salsa verde

Matching my baby

Roasted root veggies: radishes, carrots and fennel

Bone broth, yum

Yeah I ate pie with Doritos and wine. Sorry not sorry

Steak sandwiches

Grease fruit and bacon egg bowls for breakfast

Snow bing, coffee and macaron for scrabble date night

Shrimp spaghetti with tomato basil sauce

Frozen lake and Crystal Lake Park


Witches hats, I ate like five

More snow bing

Meat and cheese from Pizza Antica

Getting fancy at Art Party Studio

60 degrees and drinking outside in shorts. So Midwest

Soon it will be Spring and I'll head home for a week and run a 5k. Many things to look forward to, including my last birthday as a 20-something year old. Eekkkk!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: