Sunday, August 3, 2014

Herb Drop Biscuits

Whenever bryan goes away, I tend to over snack. My instinct to munch on little things and bake increases due to boredom. We have a lovely herb garden that helps with such occasions. I was going to make regular biscuits, but I didn't want to roll them out. Drop biscuits are easier. 

Herb Drop Biscuits




2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (I used rosemary, thyme and a little bit of chives)
7 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
3/4 cup almond milk

Preheat one to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 

In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and herbs. Add cold butter and pinch with fingers until the butter is evenly incorporated into mixture. It should resemble small pearls. Add milk to mixture and gently stir until the dough is evenly wetted. Try not to over mix.

Drop the dough onto parchment paper using a spoon. Make 10 biscuits. Put into oven for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are light golden brown on the edges. Serve immediately with honey or butter. 


If only I had some breakfast sausages, I could make so kick butt breakfast sandwiches with scrambled eggs. Drooling just thinking about it. Next time. But in the meantime, I'll just drench these in honey. Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: