Friday, July 18, 2014

Pollanitarium

I am by no means an academic, but I've always been fascinated by anomals and history. Learning where things come from and how things work has always been interesting to me. Perhaps it stems from when I lived at home and my Dad and I would spend afternoons watching Animal Planet or the History channel. After all, the disposable razor was invented for soldiers to wear gas masks and to me that's amazing. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. 

Since I live among scientists, it is only natural that they have such a fascination as well. Their interests may be out of my range of comprehension and their terminogoloy is unpronounceable to me, but it shares a common bond. I have to enjoy the moments when they come down to my level of simple admiration. 

One afternoon we went to the Unuversity's Pollanitarium, a kind of educational center for children with a focus on bees. I had no idea what I was getting into, but color me interested. 



Queen bee, in green

Make that honey


"That one!"


Butterfly nets, but no butterflies






One day, we'll no longer be in this town and I'll forget the feeling of living in the middle of a giant corn and bean fields. I'll remember what mountains look like and what it feels like to know what the day's weather will hold. But today is not that day. All we can do is count our blessings, take it one day at a time and learn a little more and smile a little more.


-Akemi-chan




No comments: