Sunday, April 27, 2014

How I Met Your Mother Finale

Alright, we're up and running again. Lots to catch up on. No more dilly dallying on Disco Bees, time to share the April exploits. Sorry for the delay (you'd be shocked as to how often I say that), but we're back on our feet. 

On Monday, March 31st, 2014 one of my favorite TV sitcoms aired it's final episode. How I Met Your Mother's nine season run kept me company since I was in college. With it's flashback narratives, catchphrases and inside jokes, I was instantly hooked. It's sad to say that one of my favorite television shows has gone the way of Friends and Seinfeld, but all good things must come to an end. The series finale was an emotional roller coaster, to say the least, but this season finale was topped with a special treat.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the finale live since I was at work. But thanks to our DVR, Bryan and I could enjoy it together. Little did I know, Bryan was planning a HIMYM themed finale dinner. Good man. 

"Thank you Linus" mock tail

Pancakes and maple syrup, eh

"MacLaren's" hot wings

Dude, that's a big sandwich

Big fudge with a side of legen-wait for it- dairy ice cream

What am I supposed to do on my Monday night now that this show is gone? My life has a little HIMYM hole in it. At least Game of Thrones started again. Hee hee.

-Akemi-chan

No comments: