Friday, September 27, 2013

Euro Trip 2013: En Route and London

Boyfriend is a true romantic. I'm a little more practical and my idea of romance is sharing a quart of ice cream instead of holding it hostage on the couch. But it's been 6 years since Boyfriend and I met and I need to step up my game in the romance department.

We met on September 25th, 2007 in my best friend's dorm room at UH. We were instantly attracted to each other and started dating very soon after. I must say I was surprised that he even saw me. I just got back from a late night run, no makeup, sweaty from my workout and was parked on a couch that may have been as old as I was. He, on the other hand, was tall, "exotic" and just got back from Ireland and still had a hint of that intoxicating accent. 

Fast forward six years later and we've been through a lot. So in order to celebrate our love and relationship, I'm splurging on a trip to Europe. We started in Chicago's O'Hare and flew into London Heathrow to spend an afternoon in foggy London town. Here's a recap of our first day in Europe.


We're not in Paris YET

Waiting for 6 hours in Chicago

Exploring ORD's terminals

My 777 feast

"Mind the gap"


Some tea n scones before hitting the sights


Big Ben



Westminster Abbey





My London souvenir




The London Eye







Love this slogan

Mussels and chips

Fish n' chips


Millennium bridge




Ello?

Sittin' on the Princess while waiting for the train

On the train to the ferry

Our ferry accommodations

After a long day of walking around Downtown London, we were relieved to make it back to the train station and head out the Harwich Port and our overnight ferry to Holland. Next stop Amsterdam. 

-Akemi-chan

No comments: