Thursday, September 12, 2013

Apple Picking/ Apple Crisp

It's getting really hot. Like middle of Summer hot. My hair has been the longest I remember and it was time for a change. I took some inspiration from a few magazines and just chopped it off. I made a hair appointment and came out feeling 5 pounds lighter... and I might've been. 


Rockin' my new hair do I ran some errands and started planning for a nice day off. Since it was my only day off before we go to visit, I wanted to do something special. It's the end of Summer and beginning of Autumn and I'm in the mood for some apples. Good thing it's apple picking season at Curtis Orchard.

Apple donut anyone?



Gettin' his apple cider slushie on
















Nom nom




Teeny tiny Jonathan apples



After picking the apples, I was determined to use these beautiful babies. After some flip flopping between apple crisp or apple pie, I landed on crisp. 



Jonathan Apple Crisp

10 Jonathan apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup white sugar, divided
1/2 tsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup quick oats
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide apples into baking dishes. I used a 9x9 square baking dish and a bread loaf pan, one for home and one to bring to work. 

Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over apples. Pour water over apples. 

In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder. Mix in melted butter until mixture resembles crumbles. Crumble mixture evenly over apples. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. 

Enjoy!

-Akemi-chan

No comments: